cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

transfer softkey isn't presenting

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that is claiming she doesnt have "transfer" as a softkey option. I have the same softkey template as her and mine is there 100% of the time.

She says that hers isnt there sometimes when she is connected. it happens more often when she is on multiple calls that transfer isnt available.

I am skeptical, but I thought I would throw it out to you guys to see if there is a known issue or parameter I can check.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the # of calls on the line = maximum calls on line then conference and transfer would be grayed out and wouldn't work.

Not sure if that's what she's seeing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

checked that....

She said it was 2 calls and she has a limit of 4 lines, which should be ample. I will pull the number down though and see if I get the same symptoms.

thanks

She is the only 7965 on my system so Im going to try updating her firmware.

Now if I could just remember how to upload firmware....

jjcool.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I have had a user that had a similar "problem". In my case it turned out that the user was having a call coming in and she wanted the transfer the call she was on before she answered the incoming call. But when the phone is in "ring in" status it has different softkeys than when it's in "connected" status. I showed her how to use the toggle switch in the middle of the phone to highlight the call she wants to work with and then transfer the call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: