cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCA failure to upgrade software. WARNING!!

I just tried updating the software, both the IOS and the CUE for a UC520 router using the CCA 2.0.1.   It formatted the flash, then failed to install the IOS or the CUE claiming I had a FTP or TFTP server running.  This laptop has never had/ or run a FTP or TFTP server.   Meanwhile, I end up with an empty flash!

Clearly there is some kind of bug/ error in the new software.

Meanwhile I have a useless router.

12 Replies 12

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Can you open a command prompt and perform a netstat -n?  Could you post the results here.  Make sure CCA is saying there is one running, close CCA, and then run the command.

here you go

Can you get some logs from CCA to help as well?

Help -> Support Information -> Generate Log

Be sure to recreate the problem before posting the log.

Also, please post a picture of the error.

Thanks

tac log attached

error message

From the UC500 and from CUE, can you try to ping the computer that you are using?

Can you also make sure the windows firewall is off?

I had turned off and disabled the aftermarket security software, but had failed to check and see if the Windows firewall was still active, it was.  I have now disabled it and restarted the software upload.   It has uploaded the IOS now and is proceeding with the CME file installation.  I will update the post if the CME file upload is successful.  So far so good.

software upgrade failed again.  IOS loaded.  CME phone files loaded,  CME support files not loaded,  install CUE image failed.

Claims FTP error again.

here is one message that also showed up

I can't read the images that you uploaded this time.  I believe they are too wide.

Can you ping the PC that is doing the upgrade from CUE?

This is a comprehensive list of thngs to check....

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9779

I rebooted the pc, reset the ip, turned off my antivirus and firewall again, disabled windows firewall again, disabled the wirelss card.  Ran the upgrade another time.  SUCCESSFUL!

I think somewhere while corresponding with the forum, and disabling/ enabling the wireless card it might have hung onto an ip address.  Anyways, thanks for the persistance.  It seems it was Windows firewall initially, and then the wireless card holding the computers ip in the wrong range the second time.

Although I am no expert, for anyone interested here is what I learned:

If you use the CCA software to upgrade the UC500 and you recieve an error about running an ftp server, and you are not runnig one, what it really means is that the CCA can not initiate its own session.

This may be due to a Firewall on your pc blocking the incoming connection from the uc520.  Be sure to check both personal firewalls (Norton, McAfee) and system (Windows) firewalls and ensure they are disabled.

Also, like it says, make sure any other network interfaces (wireless cards) have been disabled as well.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Yes,  That one is on the list referred to ;-)

Happy you were successful!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: