Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 - Not authorised to access SaWeb

csg-admin
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a problem on a new install of Unity 7. The installation proceeded smoothly to the point where I applied SSL to the web and pca pages. I also applied ES21 and after a reboot I could not longer access the admin web pages using the Unity admin account that I previously used.

I have tried many of the troubleshooting guides on CCO and the suggestions in Netpro but I am unabled to access this web page. When I try to access the page using the UnityAdmin account, I am continually prompted for a password until after 3 attempts I am given a "not authorised" message.

I have reset the UnityAdmin account password in AD and I have run the GrantUnityAccess tool which completed without error.

My AD structure is not quite the default but is as follows

/

Builtin

Computers

Domain Controllers

ForeignSecurityPrincipals

Users

Voice/

...../Public Distribution Litst

...../Unity Locations

...../Users/

.........../Germany

.........../UK

The account UnityAdmin exists in the main Users container (not the container under Voice) whereas all my subscribers live in the Users container under Voice.

I have run the Global Subscriber Manager tool and I can see that EAdmin subscriber exists in Unity but despite all this I cannot log into the web GUI.

I have tried using the IP address of the server and the FQDN. When prompted for the logon credentials I have tried the UnityAdmin@domainname format and also domainname\UnityAdmin and servername\UnityAdmin formats but I cannot logon.

What else can I try?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the permissions.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cc0c47b/2#selected_message

With Grantunityaccess from Tools Depot.

Also, try Unityinstall account, sometimes this works depending on a couple things

I have already tried GrantUnityAccess. I also tried giving UnityInstall account access and the operation succeeded but the admin page fails to load giving "not authorized" message again.

Do you think a reinstall over this installation would help?

Perhaps the web page is not sending the credentials to AD to be authenticated - how can I check?

Sounds like an IIS problem to me. Id poke around IIS and see if something looks wrong in the Unity portion of IIS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: