SPA9000, Sip-b supported on FXS ports?

Unanswered Question
Sep 28th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello!

I am trying to find out if the 2 FXS ports on the SPA9000 are supporting the SIP-B.

While the SPA ip-phones have an explicit option that enables/disables this feature,

the FXS lines are missing it completely, will this mean that the FXS ports do not

use the SIP-B extensions?

Unfortunately I cannot find any confirmation on the SPA9000 admin guide.

I am trying to find this out because I noticed a strange behavior of the FXS ports when

added to an hunt-group.

Thanks,

Luca

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Patrick Born Mon, 09/28/2009 - 16:13
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Luca,

SIP-B is only for use with Sylantro 3rd-party call control, so it should not be used unless Sylantro is deployed. Given that you mentioned a SPA9000, I can't think of a reason why SIP-B would need to be enabled on the phones.

The best way to configure the system is to use the SPA9000 Setup Wizard:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-8126;jsessionid=0550DB915977AB094992AACF4802A3CE.node0

Regards,

Patrick

----------

lbuongio Wed, 09/30/2009 - 02:14
User Badges:

Hello Patrick!

Many thanks for your answer.

I made that question because I noticed that I was not able to call a hunt-group using an analog phone

connected to one of the FXS ports. I mean the call is ok, all the phones are ringing but as soon as one

IP-phone picks up the hook the line is busy.

At the beginning I was thinking about SIP-B not being available on the FXS but a very simple test showed

me that hunt groups are not using SIP-B at all.

At the moment I am fairly sure that the reason why this is not working is because the calling phone should

support dual-lines .... but I am not completely sure about this.

Can anybody eventually confirm me that, when the hunt group is called internally, the calling phone should

support dual-lines?

Thanks again,

Luca

Patrick Born Thu, 10/01/2009 - 16:06
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Luca,

A single line analog phone connected to the SPA9000's FXS port can call hunt groups without issue.

Make sure that you use the SPA9000 setup wizard to configure the SPA9000 voice system and all phones. There is a lot of difficult syntax that leads to typing errors which can cause all types of interesting scenarios.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Actions

This Discussion