WAP200E bridge connection

Unanswered Question
Sep 28th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,

I configured 2 WAP200E access points to act as bridge.

After some initial difficulties i managed to get them work. I had to fix the channel and cold start them to make the bridge work.

Now the bridge works, but if i try to stream video from a network surveillence camera over the bridge, the video gets very laggy and the camera stops to respond to commands (zoom, tilt). I limited the camera network bandwidth to 1 Mbps. During the stream i made a continuous ping to the camera and several packets are lost and the RTT increases to almost 2000 ms. After some time the access point bridge fails and need to wait a few minutes for the reconnection.

Only have this camera connected to the remote side of the bridge.

The bridge uses 2  High Gain OmniDirecctional Antennas of 9 dbi. They are mounted 30 meters apart and are facing each

other.

I wanted to know at what speed is the bridge connected. What else can i do to try to eliminate this packet loss problem and so slow connection.

Only configuration in the APs is the bridge mode with their wireless mac addresses and the channel fixed in channel 1.

Appreciate some help,

Best Regards

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Carr Tue, 09/29/2009 - 12:20
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

An Idea, would be to change the wireless channel and see if that improves the speed and the wireless connection.  Another thing is I found the data sheet for the wap200e.  I don't know what model of antenna's you are using.  But I would test with different channels to see if the connection strengthens.

Wireless-G Exterior                                                    Access Point
Specifications
Model NumberWAP200E
StandardsIEEE802.11g, IEEE802.11b, IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u,                                                    IEEE802.3af (Power Over Ethernet), 802.1p                                                    (QoS priority), 802.1q (VLAN), 802.1X (Security                                                    Authentication), 802.11i - Ready (Security                                                    WPA2), 802.11e - Ready (Wireless QoS), 802.11F                                                    (Wireless Roaming)
Ports1 Ethernet, 1 External Antenna
ButtonsReset
Cabling TypeUTP CAT 5
LEDsPower, Ethernet, Wireless
Operating SystemLinux
Setup/Config
WebUIBuilt in Web UI for Easy browser-based configuration                                                    (HTTP/HTTPS)
Static IPYes
DHCP ClientYes
Management
SNMP Version1,2, and 2c
Event LoggingYes
Web F/W upgradeYes
Diags: Flash, etc.Flash,                                                    RAM, LAN, WLAN
Operating Modes
Access PointAccess Point Mode, point-to-point Bridge                                                    Mode, point-to-multipoint Bridge Mode, Repeater                                                    Mode
Wireless
Spec/ModulationRadio and Modulation Type: 802.11b/DSSS,                                                    11g/OFDM
Data Rates802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps; 802.11g: 6,                                                    9, 11, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
ChannelsOperating Channels: 11 North America, 13                                                    Most of Europe (ETSI and Japan), Auto-Channel                                                    Selection
# of Internal Ant.2 x 6 dBi (directional)
Antenna Connector TypeReverse Polarity Female N-Type
Detachable AntennaYes (sold separately)
RF Power (EIRP) in dBM802.11g: Typical – 16.5 dBm, 802.11b: Typical                                                    – 17 dBm
Antenna Gain in dBiInternal Antenna: 6 dBi
Adjustable PowerYes
Receiver Sensitivity802.11g: 54 Mbps@ -65 dBm, 802.11b: 11 [email protected] [email protected]                 -85 dBM
Security
WEP/WPA/WPA2WEP 64bit/128bit, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WPA-ENT,                                                    WPA2-ENT
Connection ControlWireless Connection Control: MAC-Based
SSID BroadcastSSID Broadcast Enable/Disable
802.1XIEEE 802.1X support
Wireless Client IsolationWireless Client devices can be isolated                                                    from each other either within an SSID or                                                    between two SSIDs
Web-Based Utility Access ControlHTTP/HTTPS, Wireless Client Web GUI Access                                                    Control
Wireless Security
WEP Bits64,128
WPA Bits and Params.128 - TKIP/AES
WPA2 Bits and Params.256 - AES
SSID Broadcast On/OffYes
Client IsolationYes
MAC-based Wireless Connection ControlYes
Wireless Web GUI Access On/OffYes
Quality of Service
QoS4 Queues WMM Wireless Traffic priority
General
Wireless roaming based on IAPP, Load Balancing,                                                    Auto-channel selection
Environmental
Dimensions6.42" x 8.07" x 2.17"
WxHxD(163 x 205 x 55 mm)
Unit Weight2.47 lb (1.121 kg)
Mounting OptionIndustrial-Strength, Weatherproof Housing,                                                    NEMA IP53 Rating, Lighting Protection for                                                    Outdoor Enclosure, Ceiling- or Wall-Mountable
Power48VDC
PoE In Y/NYes
CertificationFCC, IC, CE
Operating Temperature-4 to 140ºF (-20 to 60ºC)
Storage Temperature-4 to 140ºF (-20 to 60ºC)
Operating Humidity5 to 95%, Noncondensing
Storage Humidity5 to 95%, Noncondensing