cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to choose outbound lines for SPA400 with non-SPA9000 server?

o.seslija
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

new fw (1.1.2.2) for SPA400 allows for SPA9000 to configure to which fxo port to route traffic to (EXAMPLE: (<:L2{1,2}>8xx)).

What is the way to do this on the other SIP servers (asterisk etc.) that SPA400 is connected to? Is there a way to use some additional SIP headers or something?

Please elaborate.

Regards,

Ognjen

5 Replies 5

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ognjen,

The SPA400 was never really designed to work with anything other than the SPA9000. I have heard of some Asterisk users using the SPA400, but I don't know what their config looks like. Consider using the SPA8800 if at all possible:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-10647

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Hello,

here's the solution

exten => 6XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/L2{EXTEN},20)

By setting Ln string before an extension in the INVITE, where "n" is the line number on the SPA400, one can choose which line to route the call to (in the previous example it goes to Line 2). If not using Ln, the call will end up on first available line (the SPA400 is then treated like a trunk). This has been tested to work with 1.1.2.2 SPA400 firwmare.

It's amazing how little help one can find in this forum to make a world-popular PBX work with Linksys products, especially considering that I didn't request any guarantee that Asterisk is supported. I'm sure this information  would take a minute of any engineer time.

Regards,

Ognjen

Hi Ognjen,

Thanks for posting the solution for the community.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

I guess this info is probably good candidate for your Asterisk interoperability related documents. Maybe a SPA400 document will follow?

Regards,

Ognjen

Great suggestion Ognjen.

I've added the information to the community in the form of a document: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-10647

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: