cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to configure a 515 E

sebastia.net
Level 1
Level 1

I just started working as NetAdmin. We have a private network, accessible from remote sites thru a 515 E PIX. Remote customers use Cisco VPN Client v 5.0 to access our net. They have a field in the Authentication Tab, named "Group Authentication", and there there is a field named "Name", let's say "user01".

My question is simple : what command must I use in the PIX to display any info related to this "user01" group name ? Or what file ? Or what manual must I read to understand how to relate VPN Client values to 515E PIX configuration ?

Thanks.

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Beside start studying for your new job, you should also correct the misspelled company name in your profile.

mr Paolo - let me say you are quite error prone.

a) I already have started to study, but this specific item, "IPSec group" is not clear documented, as far as I see. And I dont see any url or pointer in your note.

b) I did write the acronym of my company (just 3 letters) into my profile and someone from cisco (I supose) did expand it, including the error you saw. So, it is not me to blame - anyway I shall remove it.

This is a very basic example.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a008032cd24.shtml

This page provides many examples of setting up various VPN configurations. I have found it very helpful. I hope you do too.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/prod_configuration_examples_list.html

Thanks a lot, Susan. The "basic" example has put me on the right lane : how to define the group "tennis". The large list of samples will be for my (not so) future stydy. Best luck.

Apologies to you then.

You will find Cisco products are generally very well documented and almost everything is found with the search box in the top right corner.

Thank you very much, Paolo.

I do try to work hard, and sometimes just need a (small) light to get me out of the problem. A pointer to the "search" box is OK to me - I know lots of other places where it is useless.

Please consider rating my post if it helped you resolve your problem. Thanks

Sorry, Susan - I am not very used to this evaluation part of the forum. But now it's done. Best luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: