WCS Error message ( Static WEP )

Answered Question
Sep 28th, 2009

Hi All,

We are migrating all the IOS AP to LWAP using WLC and WCS, we have multiple WLAN's with different set of security policy on IOS AP.

I am facing a problem in creating WLAN on WCS server, I am creating a template with static WEP key with 128 bit encryption, when I copy the existing key from IOS AP to WCS template it's throwing pop us says that and “For Static ASCII WEP Key of size 128 bits, the key has ti be exactly 16 ascii Characters long, whereas character entered are 28”

My question is do I have to change the key to match exactly 16 character or is there any way to change that WCS can accept the key.

I tried creating WLAN on WLC but it says “WEP key size of 128 bits is not supported on 11xx,12xx and 13xx model AP's, WLAN will not be pushed to AP”

In out setup we are using 12XX series of AP.

Please let me know whether I can use static WEP on my wireless environment.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Lucien Avramov about 7 years 2 months ago

Great!

I guess we can mark this post as resolved then

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
Lucien Avramov Tue, 09/29/2009 - 15:59

If on the CLI the AP is also showed with ASCII, then no.

Can you paste us your key if all the above dont help, along with the WCS / WLC versions?

jamaludeen_kc Wed, 09/30/2009 - 06:26

I check with Cisco and came to know that the key size value do not include 24 bit initialization vector, which is concatenated with WEP key. So, for 128 bit we need to choose 104 as a key size. The WLC adds 24 bit initialization vector to this on order o make a 128bit key.

Thanks a lot for support

Actions

This Discussion