CSQ prioritisation with Email

Answered Question
Sep 28th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi,

My customer wants to have agents handling voice and email calls with prioritisation. They have one voice queue but several email queues and want to assign weights to each. Strict prioritisation won't work as emails need to become more important than voice calls if they remain unanswered for a long period. I've seen something using call age on another system where high priority calls just get assigned a high queued time so that they become the oldest call in the queue. That allows low priority calls that have been waiting to eventually get answered. I was thinking that maybe I can play with priority in scripts, but how to call scripts for email CSQs?

Correct Answer by Henrik Larsen about 7 years 8 months ago

Hi.

As phone calls are real time I don't think that it's possible to prioritize e-mails over phone calls. No matter how you set skills an e-mail will always be overruled by a phone call to agent.

There is no script involved in routing e-mails to agent, this happens directly based on assignment between defined email and defined CSQ

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Henrik Larsen Thu, 10/01/2009 - 04:45
User Badges:

Hi.

As phone calls are real time I don't think that it's possible to prioritize e-mails over phone calls. No matter how you set skills an e-mail will always be overruled by a phone call to agent.

There is no script involved in routing e-mails to agent, this happens directly based on assignment between defined email and defined CSQ

joe.bennett Sun, 10/04/2009 - 14:35
User Badges:

That's basically the answer I received at Networkers last week. Voice always takes priority and all emails have the same priority no matter which queue. Thanks for your help.

Actions

This Discussion