CCNA COURSE

Unanswered Question
Sep 28th, 2009

hi every body

i am taking CCNA course, i want to be in a link with the career life more than this

for examples: the information about the latest type of routers, how to design smart proper network...etc

is the time early or is not?

i read about the products in the site but, i don't understand anything :(

is this normal as a beginning or not?

any advice please :)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
JORGE RODRIGUEZ Tue, 10/13/2009 - 15:24

Hager,

There are many different ways you can approach your eager of learning networking based on the level of basic knowledge of networking, that's for you to know. CCNA is very good introductory choice that will provide you with industry standard basics.

There are many books out there and even links such as this http://www.tcpipguide.com/toc.htm in addition of taking ccna that you can reference from that can provide overview of building blocks of communications .

My first suggestion to you if taking CCNA course is to not focus in CCNA for sake of taking an exam at first, generally folks take CCNA and try to focus in exams taking without fully understanding concepts but rather memorizing. Within the CCNA introduction Im sure there will be many references within the course, use those references to extend the understanding of topic you are reading. Some times you may feel frustrated but need to pause and take a step back and re-read things, sometimes reading two or three times the topic it will ultimately start making sence.

My second suggestion is to participate in the Cisco Netpro forum, as you know the forum is well segmented by technologies areas, you can for example participate in reading threads in the Network Infrastructure Gettign started with LANs , you can post questions or read threads from basic to advanced questions.. when taking your course you can also just do a simple search in Cisco main link on the topics you are studying and reference further, or simply ask a question based on your studying... someone will help you out here.

It is difficult to decipher what you have read that you do not understand, but use common sense, if you are beginning to study from scratch Networking first focus on CCNA introduction, or do introduction to networking searches in Cisco.com like intro to LAN example link bellow etc.. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking/technology/handbook/Intro-to-LAN.html

Good luck in your studies

Regards

Actions

This Discussion