Replies

IPT & VC Using Same PRI Link

sdasgupta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to know if it is possible as below:-

Current Infrastructure :-

I'm having 2no.s 2801 router, where I will terminate 2 X 2MBS PRI ( 1 Pri in each router ) for voice traffic ( Local & Long Distance Telephone ) point to same ISP ( both PRI ). These 2 PRI will be used for Voice network.

I nned to introduce a Video Conference equipment from Tandberg or any other vendor, and the equpment will be connected via LAN ( No PRI will be terminated in the video eqipment )

Is it possible that, I can configure 1 of the existing PRI lines ( Terminated in the 2 routers ) in such way that, Video Conference will use the link and that point of that particualr PRI link ( 2 MBPS ) will be used for only VC, and the remaing 2MBPS link will be used for Voice Network. After finishing the VC, the entire 2 x 2 MBPS link will be again used for Voice Network.

I'm confused by the customer need, as they don't want to procure extra link for Video...please help me.

1 Reply 1

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

i guess its not possible to use the link whenever video conference starts and it configures itself for VC,

but yes you can either divide link for use for ISDN and VC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: