Views
Helpful
Replies

Webdialer and NAT

Tim Lambrecht
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We have a voice network that is completely separate of the data network (due to some security restrictions). Both networks are connected to the internet. We have a CUCM v6.1.3a.

I wonder if it is possible to use Webdialer/Click2Call widget on desktops in the data network. The voice network has a firewall that can do Network Address Translation.

Is Webdialer through NAT possible, and if so, which port(s) do we have to open?

Thanks,

Tim

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

why you need to do NAT between data and voice?

I will use VPN

NAT may have some issues with CTI

The telephony network is completely separated from the office (data) network due to historical reasons. The telephony network has a low-cost firewall that allows NAT/PAT, and that is the only way we can have webdialer requests coming in from PCs in the office network. VPN is not possible between the two networks.

Anyhow, I expected some issues with NAT so it was worth a try.

Thanks

NAT will definitely cause issues with this setup. If security is an issue, then why not use CTL files to encrypt phone traffic and use IPSEC to the gateway. Just a thought to get around your issue so that you can get the features you are looking for...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: