cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Using Video Advantage reboots 2821 ISR!!

mark.hall
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a site that suffers from intermittent router reboots when users within the site use the VTAdvantage cameras for video calls. By disabling all VTA's, everythings fine but even with one VTA connected this can cause the router to reboot. I've had all the hardware (inc DSP's etc) replaced, but this hasnt made any difference. The amount of bandwidth specified for video with CCM (ver 4.1.3) has been set to 2Mbps, each video session takes approx 256k - 312k. Theres nothing in the router logs to suggest any problems - maybe it reboots before it has time to write anything?

I have other sites with the same setup/config etc and these are all fine - it's just this one site.

Any suggestions appreciated!!

Thanks,

Mark.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS are you using ?

Hi,

I'm running Version 12.4(15)T3, the problem is certinly related to the use of VTA, I have a POlycom VSX 7000 (via H323 gateway)into the WAN on site and have no issues whatsoever with that - if I make a video call from the site it will fail somewhere between three and ten minutes.

You may want to try 12.4(15)T10

Yes - upgrading the IOS was my next step - I'll give it a go and keep my fingers crossed!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: