Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Switch and router

Hi,

I and very new to Cisco Devices. I am looking for Cisco Switches and routers. I went through the Cisco's product advisor and these are the devices I identified based on device usage and its capabilities. Can you please help me answer the folling?

1. does the switch/router comes with IOS that supports ssh? if not what additional license or IOS do I need to buy for each?

2. Does the switch come boxed with all the rack accessories, power supplies and power cords?

The equipments are listed below.

WS-C3560E-24TD-S - User access without POE

WS-C3560E-48PD-SF - User Access with POE

WS-C4948-E - Data Centre Servers Access

CISCO3825-SEC/K9 - CME & WAN

Cisco 2851 - Will be used for WAN connectivity

Cisco 2801 - Internet Connectivity

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) You need an IOS that supports SSH - with switches you need an IOS with k9 in the .bin name.

For routers you can use the Feature Navigator to ensure that your IOS supports SSH -

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

2) Power cords yes. Racking - dependant on switch. Power supplies - with your switches yes unless you have ordered external RPS.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) You need an IOS that supports SSH - with switches you need an IOS with k9 in the .bin name.

For routers you can use the Feature Navigator to ensure that your IOS supports SSH -

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

2) Power cords yes. Racking - dependant on switch. Power supplies - with your switches yes unless you have ordered external RPS.

Jon

Thank you very much. extremely helpfull. rated

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

BTW, I see you list 3560E for user access. These are very high performance (about wire rate) L3 switches and user access often doesn't call for that level of performance. Have you also looked at the non -E 3560 series? Also, unless you're planning L3 to the edge, you might also consider L2 switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card