Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1: managing devices in CM and RME

mwynen
Level 1
Level 1

Hy.

I've some devices that are managed by RME, but not by CM. Some others are managed by RME and CM, but the device type is not discovered.

Please help me to find and fix the cause for this.

Thanks in advance.

Marc

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What types of devices are these? what are their sysObjectIDs? Exactly what version of Campus Manager do you have?

Devices that are managed by RME and CM but don't show device type: WS-C3508G-XL, WS-C3550-48 and WS-C3560-48PS.

Devices that weren't managed by CM but by RME can't be found any more. Could this belong to importing them by a file using bulk import (CLI command executed by a script)?

We're using Campus Manager 5.1.0

What do you mean "don't show device type"? You didn't post the sysObjectIDs, but it looks like all of these devices should be supported out-of-the-box by LMS 3.1.

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::catalyst3508GXL

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::catalyst355048

RFC1213-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB::catalyst356048PS

What I meant is, Device Center shows Device Type as UNKNOWN.

Post the NMSROOT/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cwcs/mdf/mdfdata.xml file.

Here it is...

Your MDF version checks out. All of these switch types are supported. If they are showing up as unknown in the device selectors, then the LMS applications are not able to communicate with these switches via SNMP. Verify that the SNMP credentials are correct in DCR, then try performing an RME inventory collection for them. If that job fails, post the IC_Server.log.

Device credentials are all correct (Check Device Credentials is successful) and the inventory can successfully be collected.

Try removing one of the devices from DCR, then re-add it. Make sure RME properly manages the device, then post the IC_Server.log and EssentialsDM*.log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: