Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog Collector not working

albatli1977
Level 1
Level 1

LMS3.2 CM3.2 RME4.3.1 on sun solaris 9

The Syslog Collector is stopped because the disk is full when i clean the disk and the space is available, I can't subscribe again and give me below message:

(

SLCA0126: Could not subscribe to the Collector.

1.Check whether the collector is running.

2.Make sure that SSL certificates are imported/exported correctly and process restarted.

3.Check whether the Certificates exported/imported are valid and have not expired.

4.Check whether SyslogAnalyzer process is running.)

I re-create certificates and stop/restart server and I port 4444 is free.

and please find below the status of syslog services:

bash-2.05# ps -ef |grep -i syslog*

root 344 1 0 Sep 26 ? 46:48 /usr/sbin/syslogd

root 452 1 0 Sep 26 ? 0:00 /usr/lib/im/htt -port 9010 -syslog -message_locale C

root 457 452 0 Sep 26 ? 0:00 htt_server -port 9010 -syslog -message_locale C

casuser 16373 8887 0 Sep 27 ? 0:20 CSCO.SyslogAnalyzer -cw /opt/CSCOpx -cw:jre lib/jre -Xms256m -Xmx256m -XX:+Heap

casuser 8940 8887 0 Sep 27 ? 0:03 CSCO.SyslogCollector -cw /opt/CSCOpx -cw:jre lib/jre -Xms64m -Xmx256m -XX:+Heap

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can use the /opt/CSCOpx/bin/syslogConf.pl script to change the syslog file location.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you restart both SyslogCollector and SyslogAnalyzer:

pdterm SyslogCollector SyslogAnalyzer

pdexec SyslogCollector SyslogAnalyzer

That should get them both synced up.

Still not working

Post the SyslogCollector.log and AnalyzerDebug.log as well as the output of netstat -an.

please find files as attached.

This is what I thought. SyslogCollector cannot read the syslog message file. By default, this file is /var/log/syslog_info. Verify the permissions on this file allow casuser to read it. Additionally, verify the perms on all parent directories allow casuser read and execute access.

Thanks for your quick response

I didn't find the default file of syslog but i created a new one and grant the required permission, and it's connecting with SyslogCollector,

now how i can change the default location of syslog_info

You can use the /opt/CSCOpx/bin/syslogConf.pl script to change the syslog file location.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: