cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.3 not collecting inventory of 6500

rgomes
Level 1
Level 1

It seems I am hitting CSCsx58694, but it is supposed to be solved on RME 4.3.

From the IC_Server.log there was SnmpTimeout errors, then the timeout was increased to 10 secs and then to 20 secs.

Then the error changed to a lot of SQL error:[ Tue Sep 29 17:03:47 BRT 2009 ],ERROR,[Thread-23],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.RMELogger,704,com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.dbrep.RME_MODULE_ATTRIBUTESRecord,insert,131,Exception occured : SQL Anywhere Error -193: Primary key for table 'RME_MODULE_ATTRIBUTES' is not unique

I have attached a sh ver and the IC_Server.log

The devices are 10.100.0.2 and 10.100.0.3, identical core switches.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, it seems like you may be hitting CSCsx32841. Your current code is okay, but the older code may be problematic. Without debugging it's hard to say, but the easy fix is to remove the device from RME, then re-add it. If the initial inventory collector works, perform inventory collection two more times. If both work, then you were hitting CSCsx32841, and it is now fixed, and will not reappear.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, it seems like you may be hitting CSCsx32841. Your current code is okay, but the older code may be problematic. Without debugging it's hard to say, but the easy fix is to remove the device from RME, then re-add it. If the initial inventory collector works, perform inventory collection two more times. If both work, then you were hitting CSCsx32841, and it is now fixed, and will not reappear.

I have removed and re-added the devices and increased the SNMP Time-out to 20 secs again and the inventory collection run successful.

This problem is occurring also on the in production LMS 2.6 on the same network.

That should be the same problem, I will address that tomorrow.

Not necessarily. Support for SXI was only added to RME in 4.3.

I am attaching the LMS2.6 IC_Server.log.

Look for the 10.100.0.3 device. It was IOS upgraded on 24th of Sep. to 12.2.33SXI2a. Is it hitting that SXI bug?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: