UCCX 7.0 - Questions related to CAD under Citrix under Win2008

Unanswered Question
Sep 29th, 2009
User Badges:

We are currently running IPCC-X v4.0(5). CAD is running mostly on Citrix. With this version of Citrix, each CAD agent has a unique virtual IP address managed by the Citrix server.

We are upgrading to the version of CAD under UCCX v7.0(x). Our Citrix team is also upgrading the Citrix environment to the lastest version which runs under Win2008 server. The Citrix Team prefers to not manage the pool of virtual IP addresses. Two questions:

1) Is this Citrix environment supported for CAD?

2) Does CAD still require a unique virtual IP address for each agent, or can the server IP address (with I'm assuming a unique TCP port) be used instead?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
asafayan Fri, 10/02/2009 - 08:01
User Badges:

Hi kbyrd -

We run the same version of IPCC express and I'm struggling with trying to understand how you run your call centers over Citrix. Do your agents use IP Communicator or desktop phones? If so, how does that traffic route to back to your enterprise.

We're also doing a forklift upgrade to UCM 7.x so I'll be interested to follow this thread.

kbyrd Fri, 10/02/2009 - 12:38
User Badges:

Hi asafayan. Agents use 796x IP phones. Most agents are remote from the Call Mgr and IPCC-X servers and connect over a QoS-enabled MPLS service (AT&T). Citrix servers are located in the data center near the Call Mgrs. Currently each WinTerm has an actual IP address assigned to the ethernet NIC, but when they start a Citrix session, they are given an IP address managed by the Citrix servers. The IPCC-X servers "think" that the agent's IP address is one of the virtual IPs....not the actual IP of the WinTerm ethernet NIC.

Actions

This Discussion