cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound Calling Only

jefferyk23
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Call Manager System version: 6.1.3.3190-1. I have a few lines that are used for AV purposes that keep getting interrupted by calls. Is there an easy way to block ALL inbound calls to these selected lines? I considered a separate partition, but I want to make sure no calls are prevented from being dialed out.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way CUCM has to segment access is CSS and partitions. You can easily configure that inbound calls do not reach the phones by changing the inbound CSS of the GWs.

If you want the phones to dial out just make sure their CSS has the route patterns to PSTN.

It's extremely easy to configure scenarios where you can reach someone but the other guy cannot reach you, it's all CSS and partitions.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way CUCM has to segment access is CSS and partitions. You can easily configure that inbound calls do not reach the phones by changing the inbound CSS of the GWs.

If you want the phones to dial out just make sure their CSS has the route patterns to PSTN.

It's extremely easy to configure scenarios where you can reach someone but the other guy cannot reach you, it's all CSS and partitions.

HTH

java

HTH

java

I had a feeling that was what was needed, I was just unsure about which CSS's to include and which to exclude, thank you for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: