Views
Helpful
Replies

WFO QM version 2.7(2) Recording Issue

rommel.bulan
Level 1
Level 1

It is our first installation of WFO QM.

We have installed it in a network with a CUCM version 6 and UCCX version 7.

So far we did not get any errors during the installation and synchronization of these UC servers. However, we are not getting anywhere with the audio recording in QM.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

rfovrtega
Level 1
Level 1

Currently, Im looking into it right now. Please give an ample time to troubleshoot this issue.

Romanov F. Ortega

CCIE Voice

The Bida

Hi Romel,

I'm in the same spot you were in (first time installation, followed the guide, recording not working).

Did you managed to get it working ? Any advice ?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Regi

how to do you plan to confiugre recording?

are you setting a server based recording?

as for our setup, we configured a desktop based recording.

Hi Rommel,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm configuring QM to use desktop/end-point recording. I'm integrating it with CUCM 7, UCCX 7. I'm also using QM for screen-recording.

The situation right now is I've tried using IPC (softphone) and IP Phone for the agent:

When the agent is using the IPC, through QM Desktop (in Supervisor role) I can see the recording in the Archive tab (but not in the Recording tab). But when I try to play the file, there's always an error message QMDT2063 in downloading the file.  The "QM error-code dictionary" didn't provide any real solutions for this (it just said that I should keep retry downloading).

When using IP Phone, the recording didn't show up at all in any of the tabs.

Some of my questions are :

- Any clue about my current situtation ?

- Is there any configuration needed in the agent's PC ?

- The recording shows up only in the Archive tab but not in the Recording, Is there something wrong about the Recording Workflow that I configured ?

I'm using a very plain, straight-forward workflow to record all calls (100 %QM, called number * )

- If I'm configuring QM to use end-point recording, I don't need to configure the "Record Server Configuration" in QM Administrator right ? (It's the part where I associate IP Phone with the agent and recording and monitor server)

Thank you very much for your reply. I really appreciate it   Because I think that there are very minimal guide/resources/discussion in the internet about configuring QM and WFM.

Regards,

Regi

- Any clue about my current situtation ?

The dictionary is really not a big help on the error codes (QMDT2063). we have not
encountered this, but you can try cisco TAC and they will forward you to Calabrio Team.

For the IP Phone. you need to enable the following on the Phone configuration in UCCM:

- PC Port
- PC Voice VLAN Access
- Span to PC Port

NOTE: Not all devices or Unified CM versions use all these settings. Configure those that do appear for your device and Unified CM version.

- Is there any configuration needed in the agent's PC ?

They say that QM recording may not be compatible with all NIC cards.
The following is a partial list of supported NICs:
■ D-Link Express EtherNetwork Workstation Ethernet LAN Connectivity
DFE-530TX+
■ D-Link Fast Ethernet 10/100Mb Adapter DFE-550TX
■ SMC Networks Fast Ethernet PCI Card SMC-1244TX
■ SMC Networks EZ Card 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet PCI Card SMC-1255TX
■ ReadyLINK Express 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter RE100TX

Also make sure that the account credentials (username and password) you created on QM
is the same as the login credential on the computer.

- The recording shows up only in the Archive tab but not in the Recording, Is there something wrong about the Recording Workflow that I configured ?
Make sure that you have the teams selected under your Qaulity Management workflow. Recordings will only go under the Recordings tab when they are
tagged for qaulity management. This is determined by your QM workflow.

I'm using a very plain, straight-forward workflow to record all calls (100 %QM, called number * )

- If I'm configuring QM to use end-point recording, I don't need to configure the "Record Server Configuration" in QM Administrator right ? (It's the part where I associate IP Phone with the agent and recording and monitor server)
Yes you are right. no need to enable server based recoring when you are using the desktop based.

I wish i could be of more help, however, I have forgotten most of the steps we took in resolving this issue.
I also don't have the QM on my lab now.

I suggest you call up Cisco and Calabrio team will handle your issue.

Goodluck.

Thanks for all the helpful info Rommel, I appreciate it. I'll think about your advice about asking Cisco/Calabrio.

Last, I just need to ask 2 more things about your reply:

1. For the agent PC you mentioned : "Also make sure that the account credentials (username and password) you created on QM is the same as the login credential on the computer." Do you mean that the QM credential I created should be identical with the PC Windows login credential ? (FYI, right now I'm not integrating QM with Active Directory)

2. In your last QM installation, do you integrate it with Active Directory or other LDAP ? Which deployment do you recommend, integrate with LDAP or not ?

Thanks again,

Regi

Last, I just need to ask 2 more things about your reply:

1. For the agent PC you mentioned : "Also make sure that the account credentials (username and password) you created on QM is the same as the login credential on the computer." Do you mean that the QM credential I created should be identical with the PC Windows login credential ? (FYI, right now I'm not integrating QM with Active Directory)

- Yes. You need to make sure that the two credentials are the same (windows login to QM login/account). Since you are using desktop based recording, QM needs to have an access to the PC through the windows login credentials. this is to temporary right/save the recording in the recording folder created when you installed WFO QM recording driver on the PC. It is also advisable that the windows login you have has admin rights to the PC, though you can test if it does not.

2. In your last QM installation, do you integrate it with Active Directory or other LDAP ? Which deployment do you recommend, integrate with LDAP or not ?

We did not integrate our QM with Active directory. Since our UCCM was does not use LDAP. we did not find a need to do so with QM. Plus the lack of good documentation on QM made us think twice of doing so.

I hope you get it running.

Regards,

Rommel

Thanks for all the info Rommel. Appreciate it.

Regards,

Regi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: