Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 1111 update to 4.1 and Recovery CD's

Jeff Law
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been asked to upgrade a ACS1111 box to use v4.1. It was running 3.2.3.11. (I normally do CiscoWorks support, but because of resource shortage here I am)

I should point out that this device has been removed from production to test this process, so thankfully it is not "live".

I read the notes and found that you cant upgrade directly, but have to upgrade to v3.3.3.11 first. After I finally got the upgrade across to the platform, I installed the Appliance Manager Software ACS v3.3.3.11. It completed, said it had to reboot, and that was the last I saw of it. It wouldnt respond in any way for over an hour. (Maybe I didnt wait long enough...)

As this wasnt in production, and there was nothing on it that needed backing up, the next step was to use the Recovery CD. Thought that we might as well use the 4.1 version we have, so we did.

At least the device now responds, although it doesn't recognise the NIC.

I have noticed that the Recovery CD has Cisco 1113 on it. I am thinking that this is the problem. The person who asked me to do the work said they were told that it would work for any of the 1111, 1112, and 1113 devices, but given the results I have, I do not think so!

Can someone please confirm for me so that if I need to use the specific 1111 disk, I can get that organised.

Regards

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

Recovery Cd's are model specific so you need to reimage the ACS SE 1111 with its own recovery CD's.

Following are the files you need to ask TAC.

ACSse-v4.1.1.23-1111-recovery-K9.isoaa

ACSse-v4.1.1.23-1111-recovery-K9.isoab

ACSse-v4.1.1.23-1111-recovery-K9.isoac

HTH

JK

~Jatin

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

Recovery Cd's are model specific so you need to reimage the ACS SE 1111 with its own recovery CD's.

Following are the files you need to ask TAC.

ACSse-v4.1.1.23-1111-recovery-K9.isoaa

ACSse-v4.1.1.23-1111-recovery-K9.isoab

ACSse-v4.1.1.23-1111-recovery-K9.isoac

HTH

JK

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: