Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure VG224 Analog gateway using MGCP

JUNKSA_2
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Collegue,

Existing VG224 Analog gateway is working fine connected to fax machines running h323 protocol. We want to activate the Force Authorization Code to conrol the facilities and this will work only in MGCP Protocol.

Your output and quick solution is highly appreciated.

Thank you

8 Replies 8

Dear Virender,

The doc is okay. Do you have anything specific for the configuration of Fax Machines using the VG224 using MGCP Protocol to run the Force Authorization Code.

Your quick reply is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Virender,

Thanks a lot. I will try to apply the sample config and see.

I will drop an e-mail if I need more help.

Regards

This is actually not true.

MGCP supports:

NSE based T38

Protocol based T38

NSE modem passthrough

modem relay

cisco fax relay

H323 supports:

NSE T38

Protocol based T38

NSE modem passthrough

protocol based pass-through

modem relay

cisco fax relay

The difference here is NSE is 'passthrough' and protocol based is pass-through.

If you're using a SIP provider for instance, and they're doing passthrough, you won't be able to use MGCP in the call flow.

-nick

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your feedback. Do you have any sample config that will help to establish the fax machine that was connected to VG224 Analog Gateway using MGCP protocol. The reason why they want to use MGCP is to use the Force Authorization Code for Fax Devices.

Any comments and suggestion is appreciated.

Regards

This depends entirely on which of the above options you want to use. There are about 4 different ways.

-nick

Hi,

I think it is related to CSS applied to the phone, so you can try it using sccp for the VG224 so as to not missing the great fetaures of it

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: