cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Latest patches - Syslog issue

stevejhale
Level 1
Level 1

The syslog collector is still collecting and I can see the file size increasing (nearly 30gb) in syslog.log. However when I try to run a syslog 24 hour report it returns no values. Also in the device centre view I do not see any syslog entries. However on the slave both these items are still working. How do I fix this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Do you want to reduce the syslog.log size, here is how:

You can enable log rotation for the syslog which I recommend you have enabled in the future. If needed you can delete the previous file as well.

In the /CSCOpx/bin/ directory run : perl logrot.pl -c

You can try to delete the syslog.log (or rename if it has already some logs on it) from the server and restart daemon manger #

To Stop #

net stop crmdmgtd

To Start #

net start crmdmgtd

If you want to troubleshoot the syslog issue, it may be easier on a smaller file, so go ahead and rotate at least the file to something smaller that can be edited by a text editor so you can see whats happening.

Check if there is something listening on port UDP 514.

Use netstat -a -n -o -b to see what process that is.

Check if crmlog service is started or stopped. You can start it with net start crmlog.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Lucien Avramov
Level 10
Level 10

Do you want to reduce the syslog.log size, here is how:

You can enable log rotation for the syslog which I recommend you have enabled in the future. If needed you can delete the previous file as well.

In the /CSCOpx/bin/ directory run : perl logrot.pl -c

You can try to delete the syslog.log (or rename if it has already some logs on it) from the server and restart daemon manger #

To Stop #

net stop crmdmgtd

To Start #

net start crmdmgtd

If you want to troubleshoot the syslog issue, it may be easier on a smaller file, so go ahead and rotate at least the file to something smaller that can be edited by a text editor so you can see whats happening.

Check if there is something listening on port UDP 514.

Use netstat -a -n -o -b to see what process that is.

Check if crmlog service is started or stopped. You can start it with net start crmlog.