Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7 with AD 2008

mwcodd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I am integrating Unity 7 with Exch 2007 in a AD 2008 domain. When I launch the message store configuration wizard i get " NoSeServiceLogonRight the user does not have and does not belong to a group that as the right to logon as a service".

My installation account is Domain/Schema/Enterprise admin. Does any know or have a document of how domain installation account should be setup for AD 2008. Permissions wizard ran ok.

Thanks

Martin

3 Replies 3

Tray Stoutmeyer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think this has less to do with 2008 being your domain and the unityinstall not having the local right of Logon As a Service on the Unity server. Go to Start > Admin Tools > Local Security Policy. Go into Local Policy > User Rights Assignment. Open the Log on as a Service and make sure the account you are running the message store configuration wizard as (probably unityinstall) is in that list. Permissions Wizard should have put it there but apparently it isn't.

Tray

Tray

It was there, what I did was check the permissions wizard which said everything was ok, but I re-ran it anyway and now all works fine.

Martin

Sounds like it needed one more push from the permissions wizard. Even if it showed up there, it didn't believe it had the permissions. Good job!

Tray