cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Natting problem from outside to inside

vinothm_eljay
Level 1
Level 1

I want to translate my local server ip which is 192.168.10.10 to my x.x.x.x public ip.So i given the static NAT cmd as follows

ip nat inside source static 192.168.10.10 x.x.x.x

here inside to outside translation is happening that i verified router and also by giving what is my ip in browser.

I can see my natted public ip in that website.

But when i ping my public ip from outside (different internetwork)iam notable to ping request timed out is the output.

What will be the problem why reverse concept is not working.

3 Replies 3

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

In this case, What you are doing is translating a local ip to real ip and traffic is going from inside to outside.

when you want somebody to communicate to inside host than you have to map a real ip to your private ip, i.e. NAT OUTSIDE

Below is the command to accomplish that. give it a try.

ip nat inside source static

x.x.x.x y.y.y.y

x.x.x.x = Real IP

y.y.y.y - Local ip

Regards

Hitesh Vinzoda

yagnesh_tel
Level 1
Level 1

If I understood correctly then you want your server to be accessible from outside network using public IP. If that's the case then you have configured right command for translation. One thing you should verify is: Does your router and inside network has route for this outside source from which you are trying to ping?

Please share your config and we can help you further.

If your router connected to firewall then you may require to allow ICMP traffic in that . try to browse the Internet from the Local PC where you have done the nating. if you are able to browse then try to do traceroute to the public ip from outside your network and examine where traffic is droping.

Regards

Rama

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card