Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum Translation Rules in CUCM

VoipRocks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gurus,

Is there a maximum number of Translation rules that can be configured on CUCM i.e. a design or a suggested/tested limit?

I have tried drilling through various documents and have found other limits like CTI RP's etc but none yet for Translation Pattern.

Thanks for the help guys!!

TF

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are no hard numbers on how many TPs you can have, the maximum depends really on the HDD since every entry takes some HDD space.

Obviously if you do create a large number like 10K you might need to tweak the DB initialization numbers to avoid problems

Also careful design of CSS and partitions need to be taken as otherwise it might cause delay

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi Java,

Thanks for the response. Would you care to provide any links/resources where I can find out how to 'tweek' the DB initialization numbers?

Cheers mate!

TF

CUCM service parameter:

System Initialization Timer

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java,

Appreciate it!

TF

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

TF,

Cisco does not have a hard limit on translation patterns.  We have tested up to 5000 in test, so you may see the number 5000 as the limit.  We are looking at testing higher numbers for supported translation patterns.  But the best resource for scaling is to use the capacity tool. Cisco does not expect to see a CUCM cluster that has 50K xlates and very few other devices or route patterns.  Translation use system resources and the capacity tool takes a cluster and solution view of all aspects of the deployment.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: