cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live-Video and ACNS: Different documentation?

Volker Janusch
Level 4
Level 4

I had found two statements regarding live- video and ETV:

First in

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/video/ps9339/ps7063/data_sheet_c78-504500.html

"... Cisco ACNS provides both live unicast and multicast streaming services and on-demand access in which digital media files are cached locally for retrieval and viewed over the WAN at LAN speeds (Figure 3)."

And the second statement in

"Cisco Digital Media System 5.1 Design

Guide for Enterprise Medianet":

"... For Digital Signage and Enterprise TV live content, multicast is required as the transport. Cisco ACNS

does not support unicast to multicast conversion for the delivery method used by Digital Signage and

Enterprise TV. For this reason, Cisco ACNS does not provide any benefit for live content...."

Is there an difference or is this an failure?

Manager DC-Networking, Automation & WLAN
Logicalis GmbH
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

david-webb
Level 1
Level 1

We use ACNS to deliver both unicast and multicast for Desktop Video. We are not using Digital Signage yet, but I think the 2nd statement must only apply to Digital Signage. Yes, there is different documentation for DMS and ACNS, and they are almost totally exclusive of each other.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

david-webb
Level 1
Level 1

We use ACNS to deliver both unicast and multicast for Desktop Video. We are not using Digital Signage yet, but I think the 2nd statement must only apply to Digital Signage. Yes, there is different documentation for DMS and ACNS, and they are almost totally exclusive of each other.

Thanks. So we have to use multicast routing for ETV.

Manager DC-Networking, Automation & WLAN
Logicalis GmbH

I think the first statement should read:"ACNS does support unicast and multicast splitting for live broadcasts TO THE DESKTOP and with Windows Media streaming"

The second statements hints to HighDefinition streaming which is mostly compressed with H.264 MPEG4, and i don't think ACNS is able to split this (or convert unicast -> multicast)

Hi Volker,

Do you success in implementing multicast on Desktop Video? How to configure it?

i have try to add live event ass udp:// rtsp:// , but still not work. I have Windows Media Service as Publishing Point and I don't use ACNS.

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: