I have a customer, several actually, that would like the following:
- Have the operator answer the main number.
- if the operator doesn't answer or is busy, then go to AA
- The AA needs to have be setup for a morning message/prompt, afternoon, and after hours.
- The After hours needs to go directly to the AA
If it makes a difference one has only FXOs (8 of them)
the other has a PRI
I would like to do this without any CLI if possible, since that would require me to do it versus our Technicians, currently they can only do CCA .21
Using CCA you can setup your incoming call routing such that all calls to FXO ports are sent to the operator. For PRI, make sure the main number DID is translated to the operator's extension. Call-forward busy and call-forward no-answer on operator's extension must be set to the Auto Attendant. As John mentioned, you will need to create a schedule. You will also need to configure the night-service feature and configure the night-service call-forward parameter (which will forward all calls during after-hours directly to the AA). The built-in AA will allow you to setup prompts during normal business hours and during after hours. The only thing that you will not be able to do is play a different prompt for afternoon.
Let me give this a try. Going off of memory so hopefully you can find what I have below.
1. Change the cfna on the operator phone to send to AA extension.
2. Change call forward busy on operator phone.
3. Record your AA prompts.
4. Update your AA with a business schedule according to the time you want different AA's.