Operator - AA configuration

Answered Question
Sep 30th, 2009

I have a customer, several actually, that would like the following:

• Have the operator answer the main number.
    • if the operator doesn't answer or is busy, then go to AA
    • The AA needs to have be setup for a morning message/prompt, afternoon, and after hours.
  • The After hours needs to go directly to the AA

If it makes a difference one has only FXOs (8 of them)

the other has a PRI

I would like to do this without any CLI if possible, since that would require me to do it versus our Technicians, currently they can only do CCA .21

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Saurabh Verma about 7 years 2 months ago

Using CCA you can setup your incoming call routing such that all calls to FXO ports are sent to the operator. For PRI, make sure the main number DID is translated to the operator's extension. Call-forward busy and call-forward no-answer on operator's extension must be set to the Auto Attendant. As John mentioned, you will need to create a schedule. You will also need to configure the night-service feature and configure the night-service call-forward parameter (which will forward all calls during after-hours directly to the AA). The built-in AA will allow you to setup prompts during normal business hours and during after hours. The only thing that you will not be able to do is play a different prompt for afternoon.

HTH,

Saurabh

Let me give this a try.  Going off of memory so hopefully you can find what I have below.

1.  Change the cfna on the operator phone to send to AA extension.

2.  Change call forward busy on operator phone.

3.  Record your AA prompts.

4.  Update your AA with a business schedule according to the time you want different AA's.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer

Let me give this a try.  Going off of memory so hopefully you can find what I have below.

1.  Change the cfna on the operator phone to send to AA extension.

2.  Change call forward busy on operator phone.

3.  Record your AA prompts.

4.  Update your AA with a business schedule according to the time you want different AA's.

Correct Answer
Saurabh Verma Thu, 10/01/2009 - 05:41

Using CCA you can setup your incoming call routing such that all calls to FXO ports are sent to the operator. For PRI, make sure the main number DID is translated to the operator's extension. Call-forward busy and call-forward no-answer on operator's extension must be set to the Auto Attendant. As John mentioned, you will need to create a schedule. You will also need to configure the night-service feature and configure the night-service call-forward parameter (which will forward all calls during after-hours directly to the AA). The built-in AA will allow you to setup prompts during normal business hours and during after hours. The only thing that you will not be able to do is play a different prompt for afternoon.

HTH,

Saurabh

Noushadniit_2 Thu, 07/05/2012 - 02:57

Cisco UC560 AA not working..

configured AA.. able to transfer by dialing extension.. By pressing 0, call are not going to Operator though i have configured same. If we press 0 instead of transfer to operator i am getting busy tone..!! any idea about the possible reason??

Davidwagman1 Thu, 07/05/2012 - 06:40

Noushad,

You may be better served by creating a new discussion.

Are you using a standard aa script? If so, in the cue GUI, under voicemail -> auto attendant, have you set operextn to the operators extension? Don't put 0 here, put the operators actual extn. If you are using your own script, look under system -> scripts to see what 0 is set to transfer to.

To be able to dial 0 and get your oper ext aside from aa use num-exp 0 in the uc500s config.

Best,

David

Noushadniit_2 Wed, 12/19/2012 - 00:39

Hi David,

Pls reply with the command which can accomplish the goal : dial 0 will be blidly transferred to extension 100.

in this case, 0 will be always transferred to ext .100 even if i dial from an internal extension.

Thanks,

Noushad

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content