cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection allow transfer to non user

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

under greeting page of a Call handler in connection 7.x we have the option of "Allow Transfers to Numbers not associated with Users or Call Handlers" .

When I selct this and during a greeting dial an extension that is not on UC the system reports that the number is busy, I have opened default system transfer restriction table. Port monitor shows 'event is false' and 'state play greeting loop' (words to that affect)

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Make sure your Unity Connection Default system transfer restriction tables are coded correctly. New dial strings are automatically inserted into the restriction table as Dial String 0. Note that the order of the dial strings is very important because Unity Connection sequentially compares a phone number to the call patterns in the restriction table, starting with Dial String 0. If a number matches more than one call pattern, the number is handled according to the first call pattern it matches. Another thing I would check is your Unity Connection voice port calling search space in CUCM. It needs to be able to dial the number as well. You can retest again and check your CCM trace for the dialed digits to see if it is getting blocked there.

Ginger

Ginger thanks for your informative response. My default system transfer only has * enabled in there i.e not blocked.

I also tried using the system transfer conversation and again this is also not working although the message is different, something like, you cannot call this number...cheers, Jag

Hi -

As a test, take an IP phone and put it into the same CSS as your Unity Connection voicemail ports. Try dialing that extension from the phone and see what happens. Does it dial out OK? From your RTMT, I would also run Port status monitor and review what the port is saying when you test from UC - also check the CCM trace to see how the number is being routed in CCM.

Ginger

Hi , I have done all the test as you have advised, which CCM trace would you recommend I run?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: