cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Single Number Reach Questions

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

I have a few questions that I cannot seem to find answers to in the snr documents:

1) Do all 79XX series handsets work with or allow Single Number Reach functionality?

2) Does the CIPC allow Single Nuber Reach functionality?

3) Does Single Number Reach pass the inbound caller id information to all ringing end points?  If not, what does a user see for instance on their cell phone- the office number? their DID? anonymous?

4) Is there still a limitation when using analog services ( FXO) and not being able to pull the Single Number Reach calls back to the UC500 voicemail? Or is that resolved now? I had been reading posts from around April '09.

5) Where can I locate an end user guide on setting up and managing Single Number Reach?

Thank you so much,

Stacy

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Stacy,

The feature is supported on all IP Phones, CIPC requires version 2.1.4 or later. The caller-id information should be passed to all the end points. If you are using FXO lines, then caller-id is controlled by PSTN and is tied to the FXO line that's used to make the outbound call to the SNR end points. This normally shouldn't be an issue with PRI or SIP trunks. The FXO call-forward no-answer (for being able to pull the call back into UC 500) is a feature limitation and is not supported. You can use the online help for CCA 2.1 for assistance with setting up the feature or you can look up the CCA 2.1 admin guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_1/administration_guide/cca21_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

HTH,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

You need sofwtare pack 7.1.1 or later to have SNR enabled.

Thanks,

Marcos

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Stacy,

The feature is supported on all IP Phones, CIPC requires version 2.1.4 or later. The caller-id information should be passed to all the end points. If you are using FXO lines, then caller-id is controlled by PSTN and is tied to the FXO line that's used to make the outbound call to the SNR end points. This normally shouldn't be an issue with PRI or SIP trunks. The FXO call-forward no-answer (for being able to pull the call back into UC 500) is a feature limitation and is not supported. You can use the online help for CCA 2.1 for assistance with setting up the feature or you can look up the CCA 2.1 admin guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_assistant/version2_1/administration_guide/cca21_sbcs_admin_guide.pdf

HTH,

Saurabh

Just tagging onto this message because it's somewhat related.  I have a cisco uc520 with the ios 12.4(20)t2 with CUE 7.0.3 and when I try to use the snr function i get the error message "single number reach feature not supported in this version of ios."  why is that and how can i fix?

Thanks

Josh

You need sofwtare pack 7.1.1 or later to have SNR enabled.

Thanks,

Marcos

wow thanks for the quick repsonse!  Where can i get that?  when i look in the download section, it says the newest release is 7.0.3 still under Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Unified Communications 520 for Small Business > Unified Communications Software Packs

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

Marcos- do you suggest 7.1.3  over 7.1.1 ?   I thought the only difference was 7.1.3 had updated firmwares for 524 and 525 handsets...

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

The 7.1.3 Early Adopter Software Pack also bundles IOS release 12.4(22)YB4 that has some additional bug fixes and is more stable than the 12.4(22)YB that was bundled in 7.1.1. I would recommend using the 7.1.3 pack.

-Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: