cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

config version tree on LMS 3.2

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

RME version tree display -VLAN -> RUNNING for each day I have new version. we are not doing change every day and I am wondering where this new version came from also when I am trying to see the config from version tree I got this error "Config view for VLAN config is not supported" so I caouldn't tell what added every day. this is new install and I have already 30 versions.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since the vlan.dat is a binary file, RME has no way of knowing if it really changed. Therefore, to be safe, it archives a new version each time the config archive runs. By default, a Change Audit record is created each time, but as you see, this can get rather annoying. To disable the Change Audit record, go to RME > Admin > Change Audit > Config Change Filter, and check the "Enable vlan Change Audit Filter " box.

thanks for info. so what will happen 6 month or 1 year from now? we will have 360 version by end of the year? because our archive job running every night.or either any way to limit the version on valn.dat. I am worrying about the HD space not to overwhelm.

No, your config purging should kick in, and remove the unwanted versions. Make sure you have configured purging properly under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Purge Settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: