WCS 6.0 Web Authentication

Answered Question
Sep 30th, 2009

Hello,

I have up loaded a custom web authenication page for my guest network. Is it possible to store mltiply custom web authication pages in the WCS? I can't seem to find any documenation that allow this, but when I configure a WLAN the drop down menu allows me to choose a logon page.

Could someone assist me on this?

Thank you

Mike

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Lucien Avramov about 7 years 2 months ago

Per WLC, you are limited to have 1 web-auth page for the guest SSIDs. For all the Guest SSIDs where webauth is enabled on that controller, it will use the same page.

this is a WLC limitation.

From the WCS you can push multiple custom pages to other WLCs. You can store the custom pages on your WCS server, in the tftp folder and then you can push them from there.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Lucien Avramov Wed, 09/30/2009 - 13:02

Not on the GUI.

I recommend you to store the webauth custom pages on the WCS server, in the TFTP folder, so that you can easilly push anyone you need from the controller template.

For the web auth template you have just to specify the filename, so store the custom web auth pages in that folder on the WCS server and then very quickly you can apply different custom web auth pages to your controllers.

michael.m.williams Thu, 10/01/2009 - 05:50

I guess I am not fully understanding your response. Is it possible to have multiple custom pages running at the same time? A customer page per SSID?

Thanks

Mike

Correct Answer
Lucien Avramov Fri, 10/02/2009 - 10:08

Per WLC, you are limited to have 1 web-auth page for the guest SSIDs. For all the Guest SSIDs where webauth is enabled on that controller, it will use the same page.

this is a WLC limitation.

From the WCS you can push multiple custom pages to other WLCs. You can store the custom pages on your WCS server, in the tftp folder and then you can push them from there.

Peter Nugent Wed, 10/07/2009 - 07:19

It looks very much like that in the webauth bundle there is a mechanism for multiple webauth pages per wlan that may help

michael.m.williams Wed, 10/07/2009 - 07:31

If I understand you correctly, you are saying to upload multiple logon pages within the same webbundle?

Mike

Actions

This Discussion