cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web auth passthrough with email input

Glnc66inc
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to use a custom login.html page when web auth/passthrough is used with email input? I have a requirement to only have the users register with an email address and I need to provide a custom page.

I get the custom login pages, but I can not figure out how to make a custom login.html page with only email input.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Kurt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should also check the wireless downloads. In the area where you can find controller code to download, you can also find a "Wireless LAN Controller Web Authentication Bundle" which contains several samples of html, including email input.

This link might work, might not:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/InterfaceModuleSWT.x?mdfid=279911269&mdfLevel=Model&treeName=Wireless&modelName=Cisco%204404%20Wireless%20LAN%20Controller&treeMdfId=278875243

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

palthainon
Level 1
Level 1

What is the device you're working with? Just an AP, Controller? WCS?

If so have you tried simply replacing the html page in command line using tftp?

I am using a 4400 running 5.2.193. I have uploaded a custom webauth bundle, but that does not change the email input page. It is strange. Maybe I am missing something.

Also, when I select the custom login page it appears the email input required is ignored. I never see it, only the custom login.html page loaded.

Attached is a stripped-down version of what we use. I am not an HTML coder, but this does work. The only problem is that people can simply click on "Accept" without typing in an email address. The email address doesn't get logged anyways, so we don't really worry about it because the user has to click on "Accept". Make sure you call it "login.html".

You should also check the wireless downloads. In the area where you can find controller code to download, you can also find a "Wireless LAN Controller Web Authentication Bundle" which contains several samples of html, including email input.

This link might work, might not:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/InterfaceModuleSWT.x?mdfid=279911269&mdfLevel=Model&treeName=Wireless&modelName=Cisco%204404%20Wireless%20LAN%20Controller&treeMdfId=278875243

You will find in the webauth bundle this exact scenario where the email address is collected on a radius server, accounting.

Look in the waep bundle

On the WLANs page in the GUI use passthrough with email input and upload the webauth tailored to your needs

Thanks for all the help. I was able to figure it out with all the examples given.

I am able to force the users (using javasctipt) to enter an email address with a valid syntax.. (email@somedomein.something). I know this is not forcing users to enter a valid email address, but then that goes against the policy I setup in our terms and conditions for this hotspot. They can use it all they want, but maybe it will remove some liability for my customer if there is a legal issue down the road. I do generate reports for this SSID using the WCS. I think this is enough to protect my customer.

Thanks again for all the help.

-Kurt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: