Helpful
Replies

SIP phones with CME

aherraez77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I want to know what models of SIP Phones can I use with CME 4.3 or 7.0

Can I use, for example, Tandberg models,or Polycom models or only Cisco models?. there is any sip firmware for this terminals?

thanks for you answers

Antonio

10 Replies 10

virverma
Level 4
Level 4

-No 3rd party phones/end-devices are currently supported with

CME...but...we can try

using direct H323 setup

-Configured Tandberg to point to CME for

H323 CCM

-- Configured voip dialpeer on CME to send and rec. calls from Tandberg

(codec g711u/dtmf-relay h245-alpha|sig)

-- Bound h323 traffic to loop1

I also got this link,

http://www.tandberg.com/collateral/product_brochures/tandberg_cisco_video_telephony_solution.pdf

Hello:

Thanks you for your answer.

unfortunately the terminal is only SIP, it doesn't support H.323. The Tandberg E20 is supported in CM but not in CME

regards

Should work, but cisco doesn't officially support that.

Hi,

I also having similar requirement, is anybody done this with SIP, please explain how it done.

Regards,

Sunish

That is correct...Offically, 3rd party SIP endpoints are not supported with CME at this

time mostly due to lack of interop testing.Interop can be requested by a vendor via

sipverify program:

http://www.tekvizionlabs.com/3rdpartyprograms/sip_verification/feature_list.php

Having said that, as long as the device follows SIP spec/RFC 3261, you should be able to

integrate it with CME/IOS. I have done with for both Tandberg as well as Polycom endpoints.

Here's the guide which shows 79xx/39xx config but same principle applies for other devices:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a00808f33eb.shtml

Also remember that if for any reason u are not able to configure the device as a line-side SIP

endpoint (aka it does not register with CME) you can also create a trunk side connection using

proper SIP in/out voip dialpeers.

Hi,

Tandberg E20 registerd with CUCME. We configured basic SIP Configuration on the CME.

But now we are facing some issues in the dialing the number to outside,  from Tandberg E20

We are able to recive calls with out any isssue, when we are making calls from E20 calls  it's getting connected, and imediatily its getting discunnected. if we dial to internally TandBerg E20 SIP phone to Cisco 7942 SCCP phones, same issue we are facing and its showing unknown number also.

Regards,

Sunish

Did you ever get this working?

I am facing similar issues with a Tandberg C40. We have it registered as a SIP endpoint and can call into it with no problems. When we call out and pick the call up on the remote end, it drops. H323 wont work for us since we are using that for internet video conferecing. If anyone has gotten this to work via SIP any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Did u try to look at debug ccsip mess and deb voip ccapi inout

to see what is causing the call to fail...most likely a codec issue...

It's funny you say that. I noticed it was trying to use G722 in the debugs but everything was set to G711. I also tried changing everything on the CME to G722 and it has the same exact problem.

Are u able to share the debugs for one failed call along with CME config ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: