Configuring motion detection in CIVS

Unanswered Question
Oct 1st, 2009
User Badges:

Hi i have CIVS with Cisco IP Camera 4300 series. Can anyone tells me how to configure motion detection in CIVS.

Requirement: Camera should archive the clips in VSOM when there is a motion detection.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
galaxyct1 Fri, 10/09/2009 - 10:11
User Badges:

Can VSM do motion recording, not just motion "tagging" in a looping archive?

The difference is that with motion recording video with motion is the only thing recorded. We can allocate the amount of disk space my % of motion, opposed to recording 100% of the time and just tagging the motion for video search and retrieval purposes.

dirk.fidorski Sun, 03/21/2010 - 06:51
User Badges:

Hi,

I have connected a 2500W IP Camera to VSM and set up a Window in Motion Config and activate "Start Archive" under Motion Start->Archives.

If I check the Camera Feed in the list of feeds VSM will create a 5min LoopArchive where the events will be tagged, if i check an existing archive from the running Archives list, my events will be tagged there.

Problem is: If I want Event triggered Recordings of only the times when an event occurs, I have to go to Operator View, search the event, and press "Create Clip" manually.

How can I set up VSM to automatically create a single clip of every Motion detected, instead of only tagging the events in a loop Archive?

For a Record now event a new clip ist created, too. How can I have this functionality for Motion triggered Events.

I tried this for 4.2.1/6.2.1, but got this issue on a Customers 4.2/6.2, too. I believe I got this working in older releases...

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Dirk

Cory Blackman Fri, 02/04/2011 - 17:39
User Badges:

Just for the sake of anyone else:

Series 2000 Motion Detection:

• Use the Navigation Tree to access each configuration window...

• Navigate to the Application > Motion Detection menu…

• Enable Motion Detection...

Series 4000 Motion Detection:

• Click View Video in the IP Camera Main window menu bar. The Camera Video/Control window appears.

• This window displays live video from the camera and lets you control a variety of camera and display functions including the Motion Detection.

• Enable Motion Detection...

Actions

This Discussion