cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring motion detection in CIVS

jaiswalok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have CIVS with Cisco IP Camera 4300 series. Can anyone tells me how to configure motion detection in CIVS.

Requirement: Camera should archive the clips in VSOM when there is a motion detection.

6 Replies 6

John Gillich
Level 1
Level 1

Steps to configure motion detection are in the VSOM User Guide located at the http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps9153/products_user_guide_list.html

The Configuring, Editing, and Deleting Events section can assist you with configuring the VSOM. Make sure you enable motion detection of the Camera Feed.

Can VSM do motion recording, not just motion "tagging" in a looping archive?

The difference is that with motion recording video with motion is the only thing recorded. We can allocate the amount of disk space my % of motion, opposed to recording 100% of the time and just tagging the motion for video search and retrieval purposes.

John Gillich
Level 1
Level 1

The Steps to configure motion detection are loacted in the "Cisco Video Surveillance 4000 IP Camera End User Guide" at URL http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps9716/products_user_guide_list.html

See page 3-11 Event notification.

Hi,

I have connected a 2500W IP Camera to VSM and set up a Window in Motion Config and activate "Start Archive" under Motion Start->Archives.

If I check the Camera Feed in the list of feeds VSM will create a 5min LoopArchive where the events will be tagged, if i check an existing archive from the running Archives list, my events will be tagged there.

Problem is: If I want Event triggered Recordings of only the times when an event occurs, I have to go to Operator View, search the event, and press "Create Clip" manually.

How can I set up VSM to automatically create a single clip of every Motion detected, instead of only tagging the events in a loop Archive?

For a Record now event a new clip ist created, too. How can I have this functionality for Motion triggered Events.

I tried this for 4.2.1/6.2.1, but got this issue on a Customers 4.2/6.2, too. I believe I got this working in older releases...

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Dirk

I'm curious about this as well.

Cory Blackman
Level 1
Level 1

Just for the sake of anyone else:

Series 2000 Motion Detection:

• Use the Navigation Tree to access each configuration window...

• Navigate to the Application > Motion Detection menu…

• Enable Motion Detection...

Series 4000 Motion Detection:

• Click View Video in the IP Camera Main window menu bar. The Camera Video/Control window appears.

• This window displays live video from the camera and lets you control a variety of camera and display functions including the Motion Detection.

• Enable Motion Detection...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: