- Bronze, 100 points or more
We have inherited a Catalyst Express 500 (model WS-CE500-24PC) from a company we aquired, and are having issues configuring the switch.
The switch must have been configured previously, but we don't know its IP address. It is no longer on the network, so we can restart it as much as we need to.
We followed the factory reset process:
1) Disconnect the switch from the power supply
2) Reconnect the switch while holding the "SETUP" button
3) Release the "SETUP" button when the status LEDs all turn Amber
4) Wait for POST to complete
5) Connect one PC to the port whose LED starts flashing
However, the PC is never given an IP address, and when we open a web browser, anything we try to browse to gives us "Page cannot be displayed", rather than the setup page for the switch.
Are there any known issues or browser/OS incompatibilities with this model of switch? We're using Vista and Windows 7 with IE7, IE8 and Firefox 3.
Any help would be very much appreciated