UCCx Application Log Errors

Answered Question
Oct 1st, 2009

I have a UCCx ver 4.0(5)SR2 on which I am constantly getting the following errors in the Application log.

Source: Cisco Desktop VoIP Monitor Service

Type: Error

Event ID: 5

User: N/A

Description: FCVMS112 splk_pcap_open_live()failed. errorBuf = Error opening adapter: Access is denied.

The errors are coming up approx 8 times per minute.

The system is not in a live environment at present but I would like to clear these errors. If any of you knowledgable people have any ideas they would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Chris

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Ryan LaFountain about 7 years 2 months ago

Hi Chris,

This is the VoIP Mon Service trying to open a NIC for sniffing and it is failing.

Are you using SPAN Monitoring/Recording or Desktop Monitoring and Recording?

a. If SPAN, make sure that the NIC you are using for mon/rec has a dummy IP address (ex: 1.1.1.1) and is enabled, connected and second in the NIC Binding list. Then, run C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\PostInstall.exe and make sure you choose this NIC in the VoIP Mon Service dropdown and hit Apply. Restart the VoIP Mon Service from the AppAdmin Control Center after.

b. If using Desktop Mon/Rec, make sure that the second unused NIC is disabled and is second in the NIC Binding list. Then, run C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\PostInstall.exe and make sure you choose the active/non-disabled NIC and hit apply. Restart the VoIP Mon Service from teh AppAdmin Control Center.

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
Ryan LaFountain Sat, 10/03/2009 - 07:35

Hi Chris,

This is the VoIP Mon Service trying to open a NIC for sniffing and it is failing.

Are you using SPAN Monitoring/Recording or Desktop Monitoring and Recording?

a. If SPAN, make sure that the NIC you are using for mon/rec has a dummy IP address (ex: 1.1.1.1) and is enabled, connected and second in the NIC Binding list. Then, run C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\PostInstall.exe and make sure you choose this NIC in the VoIP Mon Service dropdown and hit Apply. Restart the VoIP Mon Service from the AppAdmin Control Center after.

b. If using Desktop Mon/Rec, make sure that the second unused NIC is disabled and is second in the NIC Binding list. Then, run C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\bin\PostInstall.exe and make sure you choose the active/non-disabled NIC and hit apply. Restart the VoIP Mon Service from teh AppAdmin Control Center.

ecclescf Thu, 10/08/2009 - 01:27

Many thanks for your reply. Applied option b and no more errors!!

Much obliged.

Chris

AhmedEl-Eraky Sun, 10/04/2009 - 00:21

Hello,

I'm getting the same error and it's driving the server to crash every now and then.

Is it causing the server to crash on your side?

Has it been solved?

Thanks,

Ahmed

ecclescf Thu, 10/08/2009 - 01:32

Hi Ahmed, The issue I had did not cause the server to crash but I did initailly have the odd service that did not start up.

The issue is now resolved using option b

Regards

Chris

AhmedEl-Eraky Thu, 10/08/2009 - 05:22

Hi Chris,

Actually, the error would come up in the logs every 4 minutes or so...

I think it consumes memory resources fom the server because the server does crash every 2 or 3 days or so....

nothing else was showig any errors.

I also did option B. and the error stopped showing in the log and also the server crashing stopped.

Thanks,

Ahmed

Actions

This Discussion