Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS3.1: after 2-nd NIC enabled, problems with ACS integration appeared

migumenov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

LMS3.1 integrated with ACS: after second NIC on LMS enabled problem with integration has appeared. Is not possible to add devices, second IP-address appears in weblinks..

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure both NICs are configured for static IP addresses, and that both IP addresses are added as TACACS+ clients to the ACS server.

Hi Joe,

thanks, but other ip address is not-routable (special vlan for backup purposes).

Second address entered in ACS solve some problem, but not all (additional devices couldn't be added). Immediately after 2-nd NIC disabling it is possible.

So, question is still: how to enable LMS work normally with 2-nd NIC enabled.

Thanks!

LMS works out of the box with a multi-homed server. What error do you see when adding devices?

Hi Joe,

thanks for help,

I just can't add new divices (in web interface I have no links for this).

Please, look at attachment.

Don't use CWA after you have done the initial server setup. Go to Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management. Can you add devices there?

Hi Joe,

we can add devices either through Device Discovery or through Common Services > Device and Credentials > Device Management.

There is no any problem. Next they are getting "Devices Not Configured in ACS" status.

Next, we should add them through CW Assistant into ACS and then we can use them.

But this step, we can't do with 2-nd NIC enabled.

Thanks!

I think you should open a TAC service request so that this can be analyzed further. A bug will almost certainly need to be filed. It also appears that perhaps this internal IP (172.18.35.51) may be in DNS as an IP for s-msk.cw01.raiffeisen.ru. You might try using the server's public IP directly in the browser to see if that works around the problem. That is, connect to http://192.168.4.129:1741 .

Hi Joe,

thanks, it seems that problem is new one, I will open case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: