Views
Helpful
Replies

wan HWIC

mvrkmvrkmvrk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can I use WAN HWIC 3G router as a wireless access point, so that I can connect to the router using a 3G datacard inserted in my laptop, instead of directly connecting it to the operators base station.

Using 3G datacards we can connect to the base station and use internet. Instead of that can I connect to the WAN HWIC router wirelessly, which connects to the commercial base station, and get internet access.

If so, how many users does the router support.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, you cannot do that.

The 3G card only connect to a SP network and will not allow you to connect to it from a PC or other device.

Thanks for the reply.

May I please know, then the PC is connected to the router using the Ethernet cable and should be fixed?

You can also use wireless, that is another type of hwic.

Please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Thank you very much for the replies.

How to connect using wireless. And what is that HWIC model?

Basically PC or laptop has WiFi connectivity. And HWIC-3G-HSPA router supports CDMA, UMTS, HSDPA etc.

Can you please tell me, Is it possible to connect HWIC-3G-HSPA router to the PC or laptop wirelessly, using CDMA/UMTS/HSDPA connectivity?

As said above you cannot to the HWIC 3G with a PC.

Use HWIC-AP 802.11G for wireless connectivity to PCs.

Can you please suggest an Aironet access point (low price), with same functionalities(ex: SNMP, 802.11b/g compatible) as 1100 series(which we were using), with detachable antenna?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card