cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

code version question

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am working with the latest 12.4.24T1 code . Under the line definitions there is now a line 66 . Anyone have an idea what line 66 is ? The router just has 2 gig interfaces and a single wireless controller card installed. Had to migrate to this newer code for WLC . Was running 12.4.13b mainline code before and that wasn't there in that version.

line 66

no activation-character

no exec

transport preferred none

transport input all

transport output pad telnet rlogin lapb-ta mop udptn v120 ssh

Tty Line Typ Tx/Rx A Modem Roty AccO AccI Uses Noise Overruns Int

* 0 0 CTY - - - - - 0 0 0/0 -

1 1 AUX 9600/9600 - - - - - 0 0 0/0 -

66 66 TTY 9600/9600 - - - - - 0 0 0/0 -

5 Replies 5

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I've had 12.4(24)T on an 871 for a few weeks now and do not/have not had the extra line. Maybe it has something to do with the WLC.

Hmm could be but I don't think that's the case as its a TTY line . Almost looks like a modem line setup but there is no modem in this 2851 .It's on there as default when you boot this code up for some reason .

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like the NME module Glen. Look at your config and do you see something like line vty 66 or something?

Yeah think you are right , pull the WLC out and it dissappears . Must the line for when you do the service session module command into the WLC , just starting to learn about the WLC's , that's a whole different ballgame than autonomous waps.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the rating Glen. Let me know if you want help on the WLC. :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card