cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant Bridges

Milton Tizoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, i'm trying to do a redundant bridges, with 2 root bridges and 4 non-root bridges. So normaly 2 non-root will connect to a single root, but if one root is down, his two non-root will connect to the other root, and this works fine with the parent command in the non-roots, now this is the question: Is it posible that when the root that was down then goes up his two non-roots get back to him? a kind of fallback? If someone can give an advice or a link of configuration i'll appreciate so much. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Why not use mesh to do this?

Well, the customer doesn't have a WLC, a for the moment we are trying in autonomous mode.

thanks.

this may be of help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/o13ovrv.html#wp1035113

it describes how to set up redundant bridges on 1300 series; should be similar for other models too

Thanks for the link, but in that one doesn't say about the fallback.

Thanks any way.

I'm not sure if there is a non-mesh Cisco solution that will do that. The network infrastructure could offer the resiliency that you are looking for via the redundant bridges either through ip-sla or spanning-tree tweaks

Hi eric,

i'm thinking too that also that is no posible with out mesh, i have not seeing any about the solution i'm looking for, any way, thank you so much for your time and advices.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card