cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant Bridges

Milton Tizoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, i'm trying to do a redundant bridges, with 2 root bridges and 4 non-root bridges. So normaly 2 non-root will connect to a single root, but if one root is down, his two non-root will connect to the other root, and this works fine with the parent command in the non-roots, now this is the question: Is it posible that when the root that was down then goes up his two non-roots get back to him? a kind of fallback? If someone can give an advice or a link of configuration i'll appreciate so much. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Why not use mesh to do this?

Well, the customer doesn't have a WLC, a for the moment we are trying in autonomous mode.

thanks.

this may be of help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1300/12.2_15_JA/configuration/guide/o13ovrv.html#wp1035113

it describes how to set up redundant bridges on 1300 series; should be similar for other models too

Thanks for the link, but in that one doesn't say about the fallback.

Thanks any way.

I'm not sure if there is a non-mesh Cisco solution that will do that. The network infrastructure could offer the resiliency that you are looking for via the redundant bridges either through ip-sla or spanning-tree tweaks

Hi eric,

i'm thinking too that also that is no posible with out mesh, i have not seeing any about the solution i'm looking for, any way, thank you so much for your time and advices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: