SPA921 handset dead

Unanswered Question
Oct 2nd, 2009
User Badges:

The handset on the SPA921 that I purchased a few weeks ago does not seem to be working.  When I first installed the phone I was able to use the handset.  Now there is no audio on the handset (I cannot hear the dial tone or anything else, nor can I take incoming calls with it).  Speakerphone appears to be OK with good volume levels.  No buttons are illuminated, therefore no other options have been selected in error.

I have disconnected handset and then reconnected it.  I have turned off the power supply, and after a short wait,  powered on again. Handset remains as dead as the dodo.

Can anyone advise whether this is simply a handset fault, or is there some kind of default setting that I failed to find?  I am assuming that more likely, it is a hardware fault and the best answer is to get the whole unit exchanged?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Thu, 10/08/2009 - 06:28
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Dear Sir;

I assume you checked the physical connections are ok. If so, I would suggest you call technical support for RMA the unit. This community (main pages) has links to the Small Business Support Center and their telephone numbers.

Regards
Alberto

thermion44 Fri, 10/09/2009 - 03:17
User Badges:

Dear Alberto,

Many thanks for your reply and advice.  Yes, I have checked connections, and tried removing and reconnecting the handset several times - still no joy!

I will ask for RMA as suggested.  I just felt that I should ask around first, in case there was something else that I had missed.

Regards

Thermion44

Actions

This Discussion