cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screening Indicator (cisco-anisi=) . Is there any way to change it?

stavropouloss
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the scenario.

Call enters to a 2821 voice GW like this:

PSTN-->E1 PRI-->2821GW.

Output of the 'debug voice ccapi inout' command shows that «Screening=User, Passed":

*Sep 24 08:45:44.943: //879/7B9E71F1807B/CCAPI/cc_api_display_ie_subfields:

ccCallSetupRequest:

cisco-username=

----- ccCallInfo IE subfields -----

cisco-ani=101

cisco-anitype=0

cisco-aniplan=0

cisco-anipi=0

cisco-anisi=1

dest=100

cisco-desttype=0

cisco-destplan=0

cisco-rdie=73

cisco-rdn=127

cisco-lastrdn=

cisco-rdntype=0

cisco-rdnplan=0

cisco-rdnpi=0

cisco-rdnsi=0

cisco-redirectreason=15 fwd_final_type =0

final_redirectNumber =

hunt_group_timeout =0

*Sep 24 08:45:44.943: //879/7B9E71F1807B/CCAPI/ccIFCallSetupRequestPrivate:

Interface=0x4818F3AC, Interface Type=1, Destination=, Mode=0x0,

Call Params(Calling Number=101,(Calling Name=)(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown, Screening=User, Passed, Presentation=Allowed),

Called Number=100(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown), Calling Translated=FALSE,

Subscriber Type Str=RegularLine, FinalDestinationFlag=TRUE, Outgoing Dial-peer=201, Call Count On=FALSE,

Source Trkgrp Route Label=OUTGOING, Target Trkgrp Route Label=, tg_label_flag=1, Application Call Id=)

Is there any way to change the field cisco-anisi=1 to cisco-anisi=0 somehow???

2821 is running CUCME 7.1 and my main problem is that when an incoming call from PSTN goes to an IP phone that has CFwdALL enabled redirecting to an Alcatel PBX (using h323 VoIP trunk), call fails. When call originates from a local IP phone, through the same trunk to the same Alcatel PBX, call succeeds normally. Every other type of call is working properly inside the network.

After several tests the only difference that can see between these two calls is cisco-anisi=.

This is a call originating from cisco IP phone:

*Sep 24 08:44:30.243: //872/4C57C98D894A/CCAPI/cc_api_display_ie_subfields:

ccCallSetupRequest:

cisco-username=

----- ccCallInfo IE subfields -----

cisco-ani=101

cisco-anitype=0

cisco-aniplan=0

cisco-anipi=0

cisco-anisi=0

dest=100

cisco-desttype=0

cisco-destplan=0

cisco-rdie=73

cisco-rdn=127

cisco-lastrdn=

cisco-rdntype=0

cisco-rdnplan=0

cisco-rdnpi=0

cisco-rdnsi=0

cisco-redirectreason=15 fwd_final_type =0

final_redirectNumber =

hunt_group_timeout =0

*Sep 24 08:44:30.247: //872/4C57C98D894A/CCAPI/ccIFCallSetupRequestPrivate:

Interface=0x4818F3AC, Interface Type=1, Destination=, Mode=0x0,

Call Params(Calling Number=101,(Calling Name=FAX)(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown, Screening=Not Screened, Presentation=Allowed),

Called Number=100(TON=Unknown, NPI=Unknown), Calling Translated=FALSE,

Subscriber Type Str=RegularLine, FinalDestinationFlag=FALSE, Outgoing Dial-peer=201, Call Count On=FALSE,

Source Trkgrp Route Label=, Target Trkgrp Route Label=, tg_label_flag=0, Application Call Id=)

I'm starting to believe that Alcatel PBX does not like this Screening Indicator of 1. So I need to know if there is any way changing this inside 2821.

Thank you in advance,

Stefanos

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would not be so sure that the problem is caused by cisco-anisi. Other fields are different too.

Anyway, you can try "clid network-provided" under DP.

I can't see any other difference between two debugs I provided.

Which ones do you mean?

Calling Name=FAX

Screening=Not Screened

FinalDestinationFlag=FALSE,

Source Trkgrp Route Label=

Target Trkgrp Route Label=

The question was IF there is any way to change cisco-anisi using 2821.

clid commands you mentioned do not change that field, I've already tried that. And it is the network side that I want to change.

I also mentioned that calls that are coming from internal phones (ipphones or fxs phones) are successful. So i started troubleshooting differences between internal calls and calls that are coming from PSTN.

I have to mention that I'm using dsps for transcoding and conferencing.

I also tested this on a lab environment and everything was fine. The only difference was that the telephone provider send cisco-anisi=3.

I cant think any other reason for that problem.

Thank you for your reply

No need to get jumpy my friend.

The only difference was that the telephone provider send cisco-anisi=3.

PSTN does not send any screening indication field, you can compare "debug isdn q931" between your production and your lab.

I would try if it works without transcoding.

A TCL/IVR script can change that field and others, but first, it has to be proven screening is the actual issue, then has to be custom-developed.

I just want to be sure that everything by my side is correctly configured. To be able to do so, I have to test things.

I've seen PBX environments migrating to cisco telephony, having problems with these features, like presentation, type, plan etc. So I'm trying to change specific fields in order to simulate calls of any kind and understand what is going on.

I may try to make use of a TCL script, in order to prove that this is may not the problem or maybe is.