cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Recording issue

richard.gu
Level 1
Level 1

We enable the automatic recording for some phones. After that, we have problems related to conference, transfer. We are using CUCM 6.1.

After some troubleshooting, it looks like when the phone is under recording, the codec is locked.

Let's say Phone B is record-enabled.Phone A and B are in the same region, Phone C in another region. All phones call talk to each other no problem.

But it fails in the following transfer case. Phone A calls B using codec G.711, later Phone A presses transfer and talk to Phone C using Codec G.729. As soon as Phone A hit the transfer button again, the call is disconnected and both B and C hear fast busy tone. That's because Phone B is locked to G711 even though it dose support G729 natively and we don't have transcoder setup between these two region.

My question is why the codec is locked? Is it a bug for this specific version? From the cisco document, it says that call recording won't survive hold(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmfeat/fsmr.html#wp1058289). If that's true, the transfer should work. In my case, when Phone B is on hold, I did not see the recording get torn down and the moh was recorded.

2 Replies 2

richard.gu
Level 1
Level 1

After looking into the trace file, only the phone A which the softkey Transfer is pressed will disconnect the monitoring session, not phone B.

This will cause issue I mentioned above. Just wondering if anyone who implements call recording has any good suggestions. One solution I can think about is to use only one codec in the whole company.

Hello Richard,

I'm currently implementing recording with a Nice Perform solution.

The codec issue is the same. I solved it using G.729 in all my calls. While that solves the transfer problem, there are still some issues when activating recording in the phones. (CUCM 7.0.2).

The lines that have recording enabled and a recording profile, if call to another ANY line, when that ANY line put the call on hold, the first (recording enabled) line won't receive music on hold, and if that ANY phone tries to get the call again, the call drops.

How can i "solve" it? Disable recording on the phone, reset it, the login again with extension mobility. Then enable again the recording profile and recording flag, then logout the phone, login again, and it works.

If i restart the cti manager or nice application services, the problem arises again and i have to do it all again.

Would like to know if Cisco has some documentation about this recording features...bugs...

Feel free to contact me, because there isn't seem to be many threads about this issues.

Best regards,

Met.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: