Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7 - voicemail from another DN

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How can i retrieve voicemail from another phone ?

When I dial the voicemail pilot from another DN i just hear ' ... from a touch tone dial an extension...otherwise hold to leave a message.

I created a CTI route point and forwarded all to the pilot but it is still the same thing.

Did i miss something out on UC7 ?

Thanks,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Paul,

Just thought I would add one note to the good tips from Brad (+5 points here my friend :)

On a "Default" UC setup "Leslie" does not mention that you need to Press * (Star) then you will be prompted accordingly.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Paul,

If you're not getting the default opening greeting or being asked to enter your PIN, it's possible that you may have some sort of routing rule sending calls to a particular conversation. I would double check your direct/forwarded routing rules just to be sure.

Brad

Brad,

I just found out that I my voice mail ports have a rejected status.

I had earlier created it in call manager 7, deleted and recreated it.

Does the deleted ports still remain in call manager ? No error message when i recreated them though.

Restarted the cti manager and UC conversation manager but it is still rejected

Any help appreciated.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Paul,

Just thought I would add one note to the good tips from Brad (+5 points here my friend :)

On a "Default" UC setup "Leslie" does not mention that you need to Press * (Star) then you will be prompted accordingly.

Cheers!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the tip but I have bigger problems now, my voice ports are rejected by call manager 7.

Regards,

Paul

Rob,

I got it to work but the ports are still rejected.

It says enter your id followed by #, what is the id ? the enduser id ? If i do that i can't see the alphabets that I key in.

Thank for your help

I got it to work , the id is the extension number.

Still can't figure out why the voice ports show rejected when everything else is working

you probably have the vm ports name wrong. They should be in the same format from the Unity side in CUCM.

So if the vm ports are CiscoUM1-VI1 then the template for VM ports should be:

ciscoUM1-VI the next digit is the port number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: