UCCX 7 - Receiving Calls with Agent E-mail

Unanswered Question
Oct 2nd, 2009

I've not configured or used Agent E-mail nor have I seen a demo and have a couple of questions before discussing options with clients:

1) Once an e-mail is delivered to the CAD, does the Agent go not ready while viewing that e-mail?

2) At what point can the Agent receive calls? - is this a manual process? or is the E-mail queue monitored?

3) Can messages be delivered to Outlook or other clients and still be seen by UCCX or does this have to go through the CAD

4) There was a product (Interaction Manager) that could peer into e-mails and make decisions based upon the content of the message. Is this functionality present in the Agent E-mail feature?

5) Posts on this board have indicated errors when clicking on e-mails within the CAD. Has this been resolved and is this feature ready for prime time?

Any links to detailed funtionality of Agent E-mail would be welcomed.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tanner Ezell Fri, 10/02/2009 - 14:37

I'll address your questions in the order you presented,

1) No, when utilizing Agent eMail, the agent has the option to select Ready/Not Ready for voice calls, or eMail Ready/Not Ready to handle emails. I believe when you select eMail Ready you are automatically put into the voice Not Ready State

2) see 1.

3) Messages are delivered to the agent email, they have the ability to see these messages in Outlook if it is setup (IMAP to exchange), however, the CAD software has a built in java client which appears to be what is really required to get the full functionality of the software, including the ability to re-queue and such.

4) No, not to my knowledge and I believe this will not be included any time soon

5) Well, that's hard to qualify at this point. I had success removing the "CAD Client Services Release" package, re-installing, and all was well.

Any other questions please let me know.

Marwan ALshawi Sat, 10/03/2009 - 02:38

1- always voice will have priority over email,

2- calls always recieved if the agent reay

3- no outlook, becuase when you create the agents account, thy must not have exchange mailbox !!!

4- not sure, but as i know email will be routed based on agent memebrshep of E-mailSQ and group-skill

for document just go to CAD document

good luck

if helpful Rate

r.stockton Mon, 10/05/2009 - 12:08

Hmm..do these responses conflict?

Thanks, for both, nonetheless!

1) So...is this either voice *or* e-mail ready/not ready?

2) Are you saying that if "ready" for e-mail, they'll be ready for voice, but if ready for voice, they'll only be ready for voice?

3) Ok, messages can be delivered via IMAP (exchange only?) but full functionality only via the CAD. Is there a matrix on this?

This Discussion