Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Secret via NetConfig

nawas
Level 4
Level 4

LMS 3.2 on Solaris 10.

It appears that template like you to have both enable and enable secret password and it doesn't allow to change enable secret if you do not have enable password defined, is it true?

I want to change enable secret using Netconfig where it can update DCR for me and I don't have enable password in my devices and I don't want one.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, you must NOT check that box. That box is only for the enable password. The enable secret password will automatically cause DCR to be updated.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The flow is documented in the RME online help. Basically, if you select Disable as the action for the Enable password, then select Enable as the action for Enable Secret, then enter the new value for the Enable Secret password, the device will be updated as will DCR.

When I do this as you have mentioned and i put check mark on Update RME Credentials, I get the following message.

IOS:Secret password is enabled.Enable password cannot be updated as RME creds

So my questions, do I have check "update RME credential" to update DCR and if I have then why this function is not working or am I still doing something wrong. Please help

No, you must NOT check that box. That box is only for the enable password. The enable secret password will automatically cause DCR to be updated.

Joe

You the man! that did it. you there when we need the most. Thanks you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: