cf card corrupt...need help

Answered Question
Oct 3rd, 2009

Hi guys,

i'm a total newbie when it comes to configuring cisco devices. Here's my problem:

when i tried to upgrade the UC520 through CCA 2.1 with the latest beta version CME 7.1 something went wrong. after reboot the UC520 did nothing. You could just hear the fan run fast. I removed the cf card and put 2 files on the cf card:

uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.124-22.YB4.bin

UC520W-8U-2BRI-K9-factory-7.1.3.cfg

after that i rebooted the UC520. Nothing works though. I copied the factory config on the flash to the startup config and rebooted again, but still nothing happens.

I cannot connect to the UC520 through CCA. I'm still connected using the console cable.

I just want to try and configure basic things with the CCA and when i get more familiar with the CLI, try a few things there. But now, i think the only way to get this box up and running is through CLI, and i don't have a clue.

Hope you guys can help me out...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 7 years 3 months ago

The system is looking for more than just that 1 IP address.  Can you try copying the file you put on flash to the startup config...

copy flash:UC520W-8U-2BRI-K9-factory-7.1.3.cfg startup-config

reload and don't save if it asks.

If it still comes up with no configuration, my guess is that you changed something in the config register.  To fix the that...

hostname(config)#config-register 0x2102

Let me know if that works for you.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Marcos Hernandez Sat, 10/03/2009 - 06:51

The problem that you are having is likely related to the fact that vlan.dat is absent, and you will have to regenerate that file. To do so, from the CLI type:

UC500>enable

UC500#vlan database

UC500(vlan-database)#vlan 1

UC500(vlan-database)#vlan 100

UC500(vlan-database)#exit

UC500#

Let us know how it goes.

Marcos

bezmalinovic Sat, 10/03/2009 - 09:37

ok, vlan.dat is created now. But it still doesn't work. Everytime i reload the system i have to do a no shutdown on the FE0/0. If i give it a manual ip address, i ping it, but when i choose DHCP it won't get an ip address , it stays on 0.0.0.0

after i modify things i do copy run start...but nothing happens

Marcos Hernandez Sat, 10/03/2009 - 10:24

After doing a "no shut" you need to go into enable mode (type exit) and save the config (wr mem). A "debug ip dhccp server events" should give you more information about what's happenig with your WAN connection.

Marcos

bezmalinovic Sun, 10/04/2009 - 06:03

it doesn't work.

Everytime i change something and i do a wr mem and copy run start...When i hit reload it asks the same thing over and over again:

--- System Configuration Dialog ---

Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]: Installed image archive

No settings are saved. What am i doing wrong here?

How come when i set an ip address of 192.168.1.100 and from the command promp i can ping this ip address but i cannot connect to the UC520 through the CCA?

Correct Answer
Steven Smith Mon, 10/05/2009 - 07:34

The system is looking for more than just that 1 IP address.  Can you try copying the file you put on flash to the startup config...

copy flash:UC520W-8U-2BRI-K9-factory-7.1.3.cfg startup-config

reload and don't save if it asks.

If it still comes up with no configuration, my guess is that you changed something in the config register.  To fix the that...

hostname(config)#config-register 0x2102

Let me know if that works for you.

bezmalinovic Mon, 10/05/2009 - 12:47

Hi Steven,

thanks-a-million!!!

kinda embarrased. I passed my ICND1 with a score of 920 a few months ago, and totally forgot about the configuration register. That was the problem. Now the unit is up and running (updating) again !!

Actions

This Discussion